Wednesday, 8 April 2015

Arduino



     An arduino is a miniature programmable computer that can run one code at a time.  It's an open source computing program built on a micro-controller board.  The kits we used in class consisted of a battery, small LED light, a breadboard, and wires.  When I first saw it I was horrified at the thought that we would be using a breadboard to make a light shine, because I've been doing experiments like that since I was about six, but was a little relieved when I heard there was some programming involved as well.  Since this first class, I have seen many different ways it can be used in ways that are actually impressive.  I find this topic interesting because I never expected such a small and basic looking device to be able to accomplish any of the impressive projects I've since seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment